Recent Posts

4.22.2011

Wicked Easy Pillow Roundup


Happy Good Friday all!  And a happy Easter, too!  :D

I have a super cute pillow to show yall later this weekend, but before that, I thought I'd share a few easy pillow how-tos with you!  I know that a lot of you sew, but many of you don't!  Gasp!  What gives?!

If the only thing keeping you from sewing is sheer intimidation, let me lead you to the ideal jumping off point: Pillows!  They are bananas-easy and will have you feeling confident in no time!  Plus, if you sew a pillow with a zipper (easy!), you will have conquered one of the scarier steps in garment construction.  Pillows use a scant amount of fabric (wallet friendly!), but are a super way to showcase a fabric that you love!  WIN!

So, come sew pillows with me!




This ^^ is the method I used to make my forthcoming pillow!  It's so flippin' easy you won't even be able to stand it.  You'll be a one-woman pillow factory until someone intervenes and stops you.


HOW TO SEW A ZIPPER PILLOW - PRUDENT BABY


This tutorial ^^ will END any fear you may have of the zipper.  Seriously.  It's fantastic, and the result is soooo classy and professional looking!  Go you!


VINTAGE HANKIE PILLOW COVERS - NOODLEHEAD


This tutorial ^^ is similar in construction to the first one - easy peasy, except they're embellished with vintage hankies!  Gah!  Don't have any vintage hankies?  Now you have an excuse to go thrifting.  As if you needed one.  ;)  Aren't they beautiful?!  You could even use pocket squares, small silk scarves, or doilies!


BUTTONED UP THROW PILLOW - THE MOTHER HUDDLE 


This one ^^ may not look 'wicked easy', but I assure you, with just a few additional steps, YOU can do this!  The beauty of this one is the endless fabric combination possibilities...  You could make a shabby chic one like the one pictured, you could make one for your boys' room with trucks and aliens and... boy stuff, or make a gorgeous neutral one with fancy buttons for your sofa!  Plus you'll learn many new skills along the way!


SUNBURST PILLOW TUTORIAL - NOODLEHEAD


This one ^^, also similar in construction to the other envelope-style pillows, uses pintucks to embellish the fabric itself!  You could do this for any size pillow, and you could play around with the pintucks... So simple, beautiful, and EASY!





So whaddya say?  Is a sewing machine going on your Mothers Day wishlist??  I hope so!


Love to all!

1 comment:

  1. HI Sarah:) I found you through making the world cuter!!! I'm now following, I love your ideas!! I'm a pillow lover myself, so I found this post so helpful!!! Thank you so much for sharing:)
    xo
    Eleni

    Ps your foxy pillow is simply adorable:)
    ps 2 your sewing room is to die for!!! I want one for myself!!!!!!
    p.s.3 It would be great if you had the time to come over to my blog @ sewhappiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...